So we have a 4-day weekend and I’m pretty excited about it. Let’s make a to-do list — a fun to-do list that I actually want to do.
- Have fun grocery shopping. This happens sometimes!
- Make pesto. I’d be happy to eat nothing but pesto all summer. Put it on pasta, bread, cheese sticks, crackers, everything.
- Go to bead store and buy some stuff.
- Make a necklace.
- Go to Idaho Springs to hang out, eat delicious food, and drink good beer.
- Bake something good (to cancel out yesterday’s brownie fiasco where my scrivener’s error resulted in 2x the amount of chocolate being added, which turns out to not be a good thing).
- Smoke some of that weird-ass weed a friend grew at his house.
- Go to the Botanic Gardens.
- Go to at least one party.
- Wear a maxi skirt or dress at least once.
- Have a beer and work on the yard, which is great but for all the weeds.
- Drink champagne.
- Make a new batch of deodorant.
- Maybe set up the pool???
I do not want my to-do list to look like this.
- Sit around thinking about how I don’t want to do my portion of the weekly house cleaning.
- Get runner’s tummy.
- Be too lazy to go to Idaho Springs.
- Sit my ass on the couch and watch tv I don’t really care about, which at this time of year is anything other than a White Sox game.
- Be hungover.
- Complain about shit.
One thing I’m bummed about is the fact that Mark Farina is playing in Denver tonight and we’re not going. We thought about getting a sitter but . . . eh, a Mark Farina show is going to be a whole late-night thing and that has the potential to jack up our whole weekend. But I really do love Mark Farina.